Girl from Jersey

This blog is about our family and me."The Girl From Jersey".

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wasilla, Alaska, United States

I am a transplant from New Jersey and New York to Alaska. We have lived in Alaska since 1972. I am a Registered Nurse who wants to share her life's journey with others.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Our Trip to Fairbanks, Alaska and Chena Hot Springs 6/11-6/14

My daughter, Eileen,  and I left early Friday morning to stay at her friend Tonya's house in Fairbanks. Also, little Joey lives there too but he wasn't home until Sunday night. So we had a special girl's weekend. On Friday night we went to supper and then just kind of hung around  We watched "My Greek Wedding" and laughed hysterically. Tonya has a very relaxing little cottage. It is so cute and quiet. On Saturday morning we went to the hot springs. After 2 hours in the hot springs I felt like a lump of very mellow Jell-O. It was just great. Sunday we went to brunch and grilled steak out for supper. Then we watched more "chic" flicks. "My life in Ruins" was the movie. Then  little Joey hit the house and we got lots of wonderful kisses and hugs. We came home on Monday morning. On the way home we had a young black bear run in front of the car. We stopped in Talkeetna for lunch. Then we had to come down to earth again, so we stopped in Wasilla to get our nails done.  Chena Hot Springs                 Talkeetna, Alaska

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home