Girl from Jersey

This blog is about our family and me."The Girl From Jersey".

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wasilla, Alaska, United States

I am a transplant from New Jersey and New York to Alaska. We have lived in Alaska since 1972. I am a Registered Nurse who wants to share her life's journey with others.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

What I Miss from the East Coast and My Childhood

I often think of the things that I miss from my childhood. I miss the smell of a summer night. Alaska has summer and fall but the seasons are different. The smells are different. I miss fireflys and monarch butterflys. I miss New Jersey crumb buns. When we lived in Fort Lee, New Jersey there was a bakery, that had the most delicious crumb buns. I wish I had the recipe. I miss true Chinese food. I miss hearing the ice cream truck on a summer day. Alaska has been good for us and created different memories. But I still cannot call a paper bag a sack. I miss hearing people talk like me. I grew up in New Jersey but my parents were from the Bronx and I talk like a Nu Yawker. People around me do not talk the same. We are all walking together but it is different. I love upstate New York where a house in the woods is a camp and not a cabin. I miss the summer rain along with the thunder and lightening. We do not get rain storms with all the side effects. Well it is 12:48 am and I am rambling. I had best get to bed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home