Girl from Jersey

This blog is about our family and me."The Girl From Jersey".

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wasilla, Alaska, United States

I am a transplant from New Jersey and New York to Alaska. We have lived in Alaska since 1972. I am a Registered Nurse who wants to share her life's journey with others.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Uncle George playing ball




Uncle Frank told me that Uncle George would have made the big leagues if it had not been for the war. They all loved baseball. They lived across from Van Cortlandt Park which is one of the biggest parks in the city. There was only radio and no TV. Consequently the park was there playground where they built their own teams and played baseball and football. It is most likely where my Dad ran cross country.  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Cortlandt_Park).





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home