Girl from Jersey

This blog is about our family and me."The Girl From Jersey".

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wasilla, Alaska, United States

I am a transplant from New Jersey and New York to Alaska. We have lived in Alaska since 1972. I am a Registered Nurse who wants to share her life's journey with others.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School

There was this amusement park on the Hudson River that opened every Spring. Every Spring the reporters came to my Catholic school and they picked kids to go get photographed at the park and ride the rides. My Dad was the convent mailman and so I am sure that is why I got picked 2 or 3 times. It was so much fun. I have a newspaper clipping of me leaning over one of the carousel horses. My kindergarten teacher was Sister Rose. I remember her because Mom just loved Sister Rose. Mom would meet me at the school and I would put on my roller skates and she would let me skate home. I just can't think tonight too tired hard day or whatever. We live 50 miles from work. We get up at 5 am and do not get home until 6:30 or 7 pm.

Visit the forum at the Fort Lee Film Commission to learn more about this little town that is almost now part of New York City.


Labels: